New Life Community Church Family,
We wanted to keep you informed of what NLCC is doing to respond to COVID-19 (coronavirus) as we re-open our facilities in a thoughtful and responsible way beginning Sunday, May 3rd.
Governor Brad Little, with the help of the Department of Health and Welfare and guidance issued by President Donald Trump and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, has established a data-driven approach to opening up Idaho's economy. This approach reduces the risk of COVID-19 to Idaho's most vulnerable population and preserves capacity in our healthcare system, while opening up businesses safely.
Over the past several weeks, there has been a downward trend or low numbers of COVID-19 like illness patient visits as tracked by Emergency Departments here in Idaho. On 4-23-20 Governor Brad Little introduced a four-stage process in opening Idaho after all criteria are met.
Stage 1 (May 1-15) includes: Places of Worship can open if they adhere to strict physical distancing, sanitation protocol, and any CDC guidance. Every two weeks: re-evaluation against criteria to determine feasibility to advance from one stage to the next.
Plans on Re-opening the NLCC Campus:
1. We will continue live streaming our 10:30am worship service online for those staying home as well as those outside our area.
2. Beginning May 3rd we will provide multiple services that allows sufficient time in between for sanitation. We are scheduling services at 9:00am & 10:30am. We will evaluate every two weeks and will plan to continue two services until the end of May.
3. There will be selected points of entry and exit separated from each other in establishing a one-way traffic pattern.
4. Doors will be propped open to prevent the need for congregants to touch doors while entering and exiting the church or worship center, weather permitting.
5. We have reduced seating for in-person worship services and separated them at 6-foot intervals. Cohabitating family units may sit closer together but otherwise social distancing should be used.
6. Hand sanitizer is available for use throughout the facility. along with posters "Stop the Spread of Germs".
7. If possible, attendees are advised to perform temperature checks at home prior to attending the service. Individuals who are ill or have fevers should not attend.
8. High-risk individuals, or those caring for them, are advised not to attend the in-person service but to stay home and join live stream 10:30am gathering online.
9. Attendees are advised that, if they choose, they may wear masks and /or gloves.
10. Attendees are advised not to engage in hand shaking or other physical contact.
11. On May 10th, Mother's Day, we will celebrate Communion with a wafer & cup combination while people remain seated.
12. Sunday Children's Ministry will resume on June 3rd unless needed earlier.
This is an unprecedented time for us as followers of Jesus Christ to embody the beautiful opposites of what the world in experiencing: the world is experiencing fear adn anxiety-model peace and reasonableness; the world is experiencing some greed and hording rooted in fear-model embody generosity. Be kind, be generous, be wise. This may be a moment for people to see where our faith directly impacts our daily lives. It may be a very real gospel opoportunity.
This is a time for pause not panic.
Remember the words of the Apostle Paul: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
Do you receive our emails on preparing for worship? If not, would you like to? Do you follow us on Facebook? We are considering other ways for you to join us in live streaming from your home or smart phone. Contact our office for help to get you set up or answer questions 208-536-6223
Scripture calls us to love one another. Our core values include “Joyful Service.” In this case, it means loving people enough to take extra care and err on the side of caution. So please, stay informed and make educated decisions not just so YOU stay healthy, but so that like Jesus we are loving our communities, including the stranger and sojourners among us.
More Than a Financial Plan Tithes and offerings are not simply God’s plan for financing His work, it’s an act of worship for his people. Giving is an acknowledgment that all we have and are belongs to God. What we possess has been entrusted to us to use for His glory.
ONLINE GIVING anytime & anywhere we recommend you download the Givelify app for Android or iPhone. It’s free to download and use. It’s totally safe and secure. Or you can mail it in to NLCC 800 W. Main Wendell, ID 83355 or drop it off at the office Mon.,Wed., Fri. Thanks for supporting our mission as we make kingdom impact!